This Dog Training Whistle is designed for dog training, the frequency produced doesn’t affect a person, but very useful for dogs, it will sit up, come here, eat, sit down etc.
- Item Type: Training Whistle
- For: Dogs
- Material: Metal & Plastic
- Color: Black / Silver
- Length: 9 cm / 3.54 inch
- Weight: 14 g / 0.03 lbs
- FREE Shipping Worldwide
- 1 x Training Whistle
Great for recall over long distances. Key ring loop is included. Please be aware they are not totally silent.
How to use a silent dog whistle:
- Firstly decide how you want your dog to respond to the whistle. The sound from the whistle will work a lot like a command, such as “come” or “sit” once your dog has learned what it means, so before you begin you need to decide what you want that response to be. Dog whistles work well for calling dogs, especially from far away. Or you can use the whistle as a deterrent, blowing it when you want your dog to stop whatever he is doing without you having to yell.
- Start training your dog to respond to the whistle like you would any other command. If you want your dog to come when the whistle is blown, start by blowing the whistle when your dog is in another room. When she comes to investigate the sound, reward her with treats and praise. If you want the whistle to be a deterrent for bad behavior, only use it when your dog is misbehaving, so he associates it with being scolded.
- Be consistent with the silent whistle. Like any training, if you want your dog to associate a whistle with a particular response, it is important to use the whistle only for that command. If you want your dog to come when you blow the whistle, do not blow it when he or she is already next to you. Until the dog is familiar with what the whistle means, make sure to reward the behavior you want with lots of treats and praise, to reinforce the action.