Dog Leash Buying Guide for Serial Chewers
Dogs love sinking their teeth into anything they see fit, so finding the most durable dog leash is a necessity while taking them out for a walk. A chew-proof dog leash extension is all you need to own to let them do all the exploring they want.
In this article, the top dog leashes in the market will be discussed in detail. You can pick the best one for your dog according to their needs.
6 Most Durable Dog Leashes
Here is a list of six of the most durable dog leashes that you can use comfortably:
Baapet Strong Dog Leash
This young brand’s mission is to provide pet owners the ultimate experience while walking their dogs. Baapet’s leash is quite handy in any situation – be it a simple walk, training, hiking, or even as a gift to a fellow dog parent.
- Heavy-duty dog leash with a strong nylon rope that is half an inch in diameter.
- 13-inch long ergonomic foam handle for the perfect gift.
- Highly effective safety reflective threads are woven into the leash.
- 360 degree swivel heavy-duty clasp.
- Five feet long.
- Available in seven colors – blue, hot pink, black, silver, purple, red, and green.
- The enhanced hard plastic cover ensures durability and resistance to foul odor.
- A money-back guarantee is offered.
- Incredibly cost-effective.
- A puppy version is available for smaller dogs.
- Nylon cable may not be as chew-resistant as steel-cable leashes.
- Pungent chemical odor upon opening the package disappears after a while.
Price: $9-$12.buy now
Dutchy Brand Heavy-Duty Dog Leash
This heavy-duty dog leash is quite sturdy and provides a comfortable grip. Explicitly designed for dog training purposes, the leash is quite the hit amongst dog owners and professional trainers alike. The Dutchy dog leash is also the ideal leash to use while training your dog how to behave in a park.
- The leash is six feet long.
- It comes in two sizes – the standard two-layered leash for medium to large-sized dogs and a one-layered training leash for puppies.
- Available in five different colors
- Soft, padded handle for comfortable grip.
- The leash doesn’t get tangled easily; it comes with easy-to-use clasp swivels.
- 3x stronger than most regular/ nylon leashes.
- Completely waterproof.
- Black and red colors are reflective.
- Money-back guarantee if you aren’t satisfied with the leash.
- The reflective stitching is a tad too thin; not available on specific models.
Price: $14-$15.buy now
Blueberry Pet Classic Durable Dog Leash
Blueberry Pets is committed to improving their customer satisfaction and thus came up with their personalized classic collection. This collection has become a part of their Essentials line.
- Available in 12 different solid colors – including midnight navy, marsala red, neutral grey, etc., all of which have 3M reflective threads woven into them.
- The standard leash is five feet long and suitable for medium to small dogs. Other sizes in different widths are also available.
- High tensile force in the chrome coated heavy-duty D-ring of the leash.
- It is made using nylon.
- Incredibly sturdy clasp.
- Affordable price.
- Unreliable for larger dogs.
- Repeated chewing may wear down the nylon.
Price: $12.99buy now
VirChewLy Indestructible Leash for Dogs
Having dealt with dogs that liked constantly chewing through their leashes, founder and creator Joslin Larson came up with the VirChewLy Indestructible Leash for Dogs. It has been touted as one of the most dependable chew-resistant dog leashes in the market.
- This no-chew dog leash is made using braided and galvanized steel, with colorful vinyl coatings on top.
- It comes with a standard leash clip that can connect to most collars available, a
- detachable nylon leash handle, and a metal carabiner.
- Available in 4 feet and 5.6 feet length; and colors black, orange, red, and yellow.
- Product made in the USA.
- The cable can withstand up to 900 pounds of force, and the leash hardware can withstand 220 pounds.
- You can use the wrist strap to secure your dog to any anchor.
- This leash does not get tangled due to the stiff yet flexible metal.
- The handle has a breaking strength of 3,000 pounds.
- The swivel snap hooks let your dog explore their surroundings easily.
- The leash won’t rust even when exposed to long periods of rain and is odor resistant.
- It can be washed with any cleaning agent, thus easy to maintain.
- The metal band on the leash is not grip-friendly, especially if the leash is detached from the handle.
- Check your leash occasionally, as the metal clasp attaching to the collar or harness may disengage without warning.
Price: $18.90 to $30buy now
EzyDog Handy Dog Leash
This leash from EzyDog allows you to go completely hands-free while walking your dog.
Instead of a handle, it is worn like a glove and fits all hand sizes. Look out for their impressive patented Zero Shock Technology.
- A high-quality neoprene glove-like handle makes for a very easy grip.
- The leash has highly reflective threads woven in for visibility and night safety.
- Adjustable from 36″ to 48″ for the owner’s convenience.
- D-ring and barrel lock available to attach accessories.
- Never slips off your hand.
- One of the sturdiest leashes for dogs.
- Hands-free; feels like an extension of your arm.
- Palms get sweaty due to neoprene.
- Not suitable for jogging.
Price: $35buy now
Phydeaux’s Pet Supply Mountain Climbing Rope Dog Leash
If you’re looking for the strongest dog leash available in the market right now, Phydeaux’s premium quality dog leashes should be on your shopping list.
You should note that the mountain climbing rope is to ensure it makes for the most durable dog leash on the market, and shouldn’t be used during actual mountain climbing activities.
- Six feet long, four feet long option also available.
- Made in the USA.
- Comfortable soft padded handle that is easy to hold.
- Works best for medium and large dogs.
- Available in 12 different colors.
- It can handle up to 1000 lbs, as it is made with extra durable half-inch rope.
- One-year money-back guarantee if your dog manages to wear down the leash.
- Quite lightweight.
- No reflective versions are available.
Price: $39.99buy now
How to Choose the Best Leash for Your Dog?
Today’s market has leashes available in various sizes and styles to ensure that your pet has a great time walking around while you hold on to them comfortably.
What is the best long leash for your pet to have on comfortably? The answer to this question involves deciding the material you want, the purpose of the leash, the size of your dog, and the clasps available on the leash.
The different types of leashes include:
- Bike leashes
- Chain leashes
- Seat belt safety leashes
- Double dog leashes
- Martingale leashes
These leashes can be made using nylon, reflective material, leather, chain, and even steel. If your dog is a chewer, try avoiding nylon leashes, and stick to sturdier materials.
A retractable dog leash might provide your dog freedom but isn’t suitable for untrained, hyper dogs.
We recommend leashes with carabiner locking clasps, available in some sturdy leashes for dogs.
Picking the right dog gear for your pet can make your experience as a dog owner easy and comfortable. Now that you know what kind of leashes are available for your dog and which won’t let them chew them down take your pick, and you and your furry best friend can head outdoors!
Written by Author: Paul Andrews