Our Top Ten Beds for Your Dog
Dog beds. Depending on how energetic (and destructive!) your dog is, you’ll be either buying a new one every single month, every few years or – if you’re lucky – you’ll have one for your whole dog’s life!
Right now, you’ve probably just purchased a new best friend, and you need a new bed, or are simply looking for a new one because your dog has torn his or her bed to pieces (or is getting close to)!
Either way, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve hunted through the market and pinned down what we think are the top 10 dog beds for dogs based on community reviews, value for money, and, ultimately, the comfort that your fur baby deserves.
If you’re a U.S. dog owner, read on. No matter whether you’ve got a Greyhound, German Shepherd, Pomeranian, or Husky: every dog deserves the best bed on the planet, so find out which bed is best for yours!
#1 Furhaven Deluxe Orthopedic Two-Tone Plush & Suede Dog Bed
Furhaven is one of the most well-known and popular dog bed brands throughout the United States and the world. Famous for their affordable prices yet unmatched quality, the Furhaven Deluxe Plush & Suede is one of the best beds on the market, no matter your dogs’ size.
- Ideal for your dog’s joints, with a sturdy orthopedic foam base allowing it to cushion your canine’s pressure points and support their air circulation.
- L-shaped railings around the bed are specifically designed to support your dog’s joints, including their neck, hips, and back.
- Your dog will get a wonderful night’s sleep, as these beds are specially crafted for maximum comfort.
- Not a good fit for dogs who love to chew without mercy!
The Furhaven Deluxe Plush & Suede comes in a range of different sizes (LxWxH) and is suitable for any dog breed, whether it’s a chihuahua or a Saint Bernard:
Small (20 x 15 x 5.5 inches)
Medium (30 x 20 x 3 inches)
Large (36 x 27 x 6.5 inches)
Jumbo (44 x 35 x 8 inches)
Jumbo Plus (44 x 35 x 8 inches)Buy now
#2 MidWest Homes Plush Dog Bed
Introducing next on the list: the MidWest Homes Plush Dog Bed: an excellent choice for your best friend.
- Works ideally either as a bed all on its own or fit into a dog crate.
- Crafted with incredibly soft synthetic material, designed to provide your dog supreme comfort in their crate.
- If you’re trying to crate train your dog but are struggling to get them to stay in there, try the MidWest Push Dog Bed – you may be surprised at the results (as they grow to love their crate)!
- Known for its easy maintenance – you can wash it in your ordinary washing machine and dryer
- Enjoy the benefit of a 1-year guarantee (and so is better than other beds offering only 60-day or 90-day guarantees).
- Can tear (and release the stuffing inside.
- Reported to rely more on air support (as opposed to cushion support).
Available in Coco Chic, Mocha, or Gray colors, you can buy the MidWest Plush in different sizes (LxWxH), depending on the approximate weight of your dog:
17 x 11 x 1.5 inches (ideal for dogs weighing no more than 6 pounds)
21 x 12 x 1.5 inches (no more than 12 pounds)
23 x 18 x 2.5 inches (between 11 and 25 pounds)
29 x 21 x 3 inches (between 26 and 40 pounds)
35 x 23 x 3 inches (between 41 to 70 pounds)
40 x 27 x 3.5 inches (between 71 to 90 pounds)
46 x 29 x 4 inches (between 91 and 110 pounds)
#3 Best Friends by Sheri: The Original Calming Donut Dog Bed
The Original Calming Donut Bed by Best Friends by Sheri is a tough choice to compete with when it comes to supreme comfort, sleek style, and value for money.
One look at the “calming” dog bed, and you’ll instantly see why it’s called that – all you’ll want to do is sleep in it yourself.
- Shaped as its name indicates (a donut!). How good is that? Perfect for dogs who curl into a ball.
- Cushioned railings specifically designed to create remarkably effective neck support.
- Completely stuffed with soft filling, meaning the bed can relieve muscle or joint pain your best friend may be feeling.
- Crafted with vegan faux shag fur.
- Has crevices and crannies enabling your dog to burrow and have the ultimately peaceful sleep (improving health all round)!
- Fully machine washable and easy to dry (although don’t leave it to air dry)
- May not be supportive for heavier dogs.
The bed also comes in a range of sizes (LxWxH) catering for dogs big and small:
F 23 x 23 x 7 (small)
F 30 x 30 x 8 inches (medium)
F 36 x 36 x 9 inches (large)
F 45 x 45 x 9 inches (extra large)buy now
#4 Original Elevated Pet Bed by Coolaroo
At a ridiculously affordable price, you’ll be able to buy a masterstroke of design genius that is Coolaroo’s original elevated pet bed – lifting your dog more than 7 inches off the ground.
- Very affordable
- Places your dog in a world of comfort by keeping them cool in the hot season.
- Sturdy platform (with a tough steel frame) but also features low-impact areas that make it comfortable for your dog’s joints
- This is a must if you’re in a hot state like Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Texas, or Georgia.
- Available in a range of energetic colors that can make the perfect addition to your home, from terracotta and nutmeg to aquatic blue and gunmetal
- Flea, mold, and mildew resistant.
- Made from completely recyclable fabric!
- It does not have a soft or plush railing allowing your dog to rest their head (but don’t fear! Check out #8 on this list 😉)
The Coolaroo pet bed is available in multiple sizes (LxWxH) to suit dogs of all wonderful shapes and sizes:
35 x 22 x 8 inches (small)
43.5 x 8 x 25.5 inches (medium)
51 x 31.5 x 8 inches (large)
#5 Kroser Deluxe (with Reversible Pillow)
The Kroser Deluxe is all style (and substance)! Its most stunning feature? A reversible central pillow allowing your dog to benefit the best of both worlds.
The only bed you’ll ever need – perfect for those states that chop and change weather patterns!
- One side is super soft plushness and ideal for the winter and colder seasons when your dog wants to curl up.
- The other side is a canvas, so completely breathable in the hot seasons.
- The bed is framed with soft railings so you’ll be sure your dog’s head can rest easily.
- It’s also super easy to clean – with removable, washable covers.
- Not suitable if your dog loves to chew.
Available in blue and brown colors and all sizes (LxWxH), from Great Dane down to Dachshund!
25.5 x 18.5 x 7 inches (Small)
33 x 25 x 8 inches (Medium)
41 x 31 x 8.5 inches (Large)
48 x 35.5 x 9.5 inches (Extra Large)buy now
#6 Best Friends By Sheri: Cozy Cuddler Luxury Orthopedic Dog (with Hooded Blanket)
In another gem by Best Friends by Sheri, the Cozy Cuddler is an incredibly popular choice due to its striking standout feature – its attached hooded blanket.
- With a faux fur design, the bed boasts a hood creating a perfect cozy warmth your fur baby will adore.
- Provides an added layer of security (so it is perfect for those dogs who may be anxious and like to hide).
- Complete with head and neck support with soft, cushioned walls framing the bed.
- Shaped like a donut, so ideal for dogs that love to curl up! (Also makes a great car seat 😉)
- Manufactured from nylon fabric resisting dirt and water, so a good match for your flooring.
- Again, watch out for dogs who chew!
The Cozy Cuddler comes in multiple attractive colors and comes in two sizes:
23 x 23 x 6 inches (small, good for dogs weighing up to 25 pounds)
26 x 26 x 6 inches (medium, good up to 35 pounds)buy now
#7 Bedsure Orthopedic Dog Bed (Memory Foam)
Another wildly popular dog bed is Bedsure’s microfabric orthopedic ‘sofa bed’ – give your dog it’s own soft, so they don’t steal yours!
- Features a super comfortable memory foam mattress crafted from stain-resistant, stick-less, and absorbent faux linen fabric. That means that no matter how much your dog drools (or excretes other liquid…), Bedsure will absorb it.
- Bedsure’s products are sustainably sourced and ethically made!
- Perfectly spacious, so great for those dogs that like to sprawl out all over the place.
- Features three 7-inch raised walls (and arguably better than your traditional L-shaped bed), allowing your canine to sleep in whatever position they want and still be able to rest their head.
- Can assist your dog if it suffers from aching joints or even older dogs with arthritis.
- Super easy to clean – with a separate water-resistant liner, you can zip to protect the memory foam from damage (in case your dog goes a bit crazy)!
- While the bed absorbs liquids, some reviews report the bed not being waterproof (and the bed destroyed if your dog does their business)!
Available in grey, dark grey, and denim blue, the beds come in the following sizes:
17.5″ x18″ (medium, great for dogs up to 50 pounds)
26″ x20″ (large, dogs up to 75 pounds)
31″ x27″ (extra-large, up to 100 pounds)buy now
#8 K&H Original Bolster Pet Cot (Elevated)
Not a fan of the traditional dog bed? What about a dog cot?
- K&H’s Bolster Pet Cot is an elevated cot that keeps your dog off the cold ground but allows plenty of air circulation to keep your pet cool (with a mesh center in the middle).
- Incredibly strong and can hold heavy weights of over 200 pounds!
- Light and easy to carry, super easy to put together and disassemble, and really easy to take with you when going places (like on a family fun camping trip)!
- Stands out from the elevated Coolaroo Pet Bed (#4 on this list)! Unlike dog bed #4, your dog will be treated with a plush surrounding frame on a K&H cot where it can rest its head.
- Mesh has been reported to ‘pop.’
Very easy to clean with removable covering (and coming in a chocolate brown cover),
here are the available sizes:
17″ x 22″ x 7″ (small)
25″ x 32″ x 7″ (medium)
30″ x 42″ x 7″ (large)buy now
#9 Mixjoy Orthopedic Donut Cuddler Round Dog Bed
A dog bed known for its excellent quality and extreme comfort is Mixjoy’s donut cuddler. You’ll want to curl up in the bed yourself with your dog just from starting at this plush bundle of goodness.
The Mixjoy bed truly brings nothing but joy allowing your dog to rest much easier and have a healthy sleep
- Crafted from ultra-soft faux shag fur.
- Rim around the bed is raised, allowing your dog to curl up and rest its head and neck, providing that added support that’s so important for a dog.
- Very easy to transport if you want to take it with you anywhere, and very easy to clean (a simple machine wash and dry, but it’s probably best to hand wash it).
- Bed itself has been reported to ‘shed.’
Available in pink, grey-blue, grey, and brown, the donut bed is also available in the following sizes:
#10 Laifug Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
Last but certainly not least, we’ve got Laifug’s one-of-a-kind orthopedic memory foam dog bed, specifically designed with an in-built pillow.
- Pillow provides neck support and the ultimate comfort that your dog deserves.
- Laifug’s famous 45D Memory Foam is designed to hold at 90% at the very least for three years. That’s one sturdy bed (and suitable for dogs that like to run around and dig at their beds like maniacs)!
- Equipped with a waterproof liner and a cover that doesn’t tear.
- Very easy to wash. Just remove the cover and throw it into the machine (and best to tumble dry gently).
- Available in chocolate (the color – not the food!), slate grey, dark green, and blue, all sizes on offer are adaptable no matter how big your dog is:
Disclaimer: Every dog is different (but yours will always be the best!). Don’t just rely on what you see online. Always consult your vet before choosing a dog bed that’s right for your fur baby, so you can be sure you’re getting the safest and healthiest choice for your best friend.
Article written by Author: Lucas Moctezuma